This article will guide you in choosing the best water purifier for your needs and compare the 8 best water purifier Philippines in 2023.
Water is one of the necessities in our daily lives. It is necessary for normal bodily functions but also for cooking and cleaning. But today, only some have access to clean water. This can lead to health problems and even death if proper precautions are not taken.
To avoid these harmful effects, we must find a water purifier that provides safe and clean drinking water. Many water purifiers are available today, so figuring out what kind of machine would be best for you can be challenging.
You should first consider your needs and then look at different models that fit those needs before making a final decision on what kind of machine to buy.
Top 8 Best Water Purifiers in the Philippines 
We want to help you find the best water purifier available in 2023. To help you make a wise decision, we’ve compiled a list of our top 8 best water purifiers for the Philippines. Let’s explore which one is the right fit for you!
Best water purifier for home Philippines
- Price: ₱30,000
- Purification technology: RO (Reverse Osmosis).
- Water source: tap water.
- Capacity: 10 liters.
- Electricity: required.
- 7-stage purification
- Advanced alert technology
- Improved water recovery
- Mineraliser Technology
- 10L storage capacity
- Digital display
- DOH registered
- Two temperature options
- High initial cost
- Higher power consumption
- Takes up lots of space
A.O. Smith A6 Water Purifier is a high-quality, FDA-approved water purifier that provides the purest drinking water possible.
The A6 model features a patented sediment filter that removes dissolved impurities in tap water, including chlorine, lead, and other minerals that can harm your health if consumed over time. It will give you purified water free from harmful substances.
A.O Smith A6 Water Purifier is an energy-efficient model that uses less electricity than other models today. Furthermore, because this device has two faucets, one of which is for hot water, it can replace a water dispenser, saving you a lot of money.
By far, A.O Smith A6 Water Purifier, with RO technology, is the best water purifier Philippines for your home.
Best reverse osmosis water purifier Philippines
- Price: ₱17,990
- Purification technology: RO Technology.
- Water Source: Municipal water.
- Capacity: 1.4 liters per min.
- Electricity: Required.
- The 4-stage RO purification process
- High water flow rate
- Compact and space-saving design
- Real-time display alerts
- Easy cartridge installation
- Higher power consumption
- Pre-filters require frequent replacement
Xiaomi Water Purifier with Reverse Osmosis Filtration and Activated Carbon Filter is the best reverse osmosis water purifier in the Philippines.
It features a dual-stage filtration system, removing harmful substances from tap water, like residual chlorine, fluoride, and other impurities. The activated carbon filter also removes bad odors from your tap water.
We value technology, so we appreciate the ability to monitor water consumption through the app of this Xiaomi purifier. With convenience, compactness, and ease of use, this is a handy product your family should own.
Best UV water purifier Philippines
- Price: ₱40,000
- Purification technology: Ultraviolet (UV) technology.
- Water Source: Tap water.
- Capacity: 6 liters.
- Electricity: Required.
- 3-in-1 filter, 4 breakthroughs
- Eco-friendly, no reject water
- Filters up to 5200L with UV lamp
- Smart indicator lights
- Touchless operation
- Sleek, compact design
- Easy installation
- High price
- Expensive filter replacement (~₱13,500)
- No RO filter; tap water only
Using ultraviolet light, the Ecosphere UV Water Purifier can remove harmful contaminants from water. It is also designed to be easy to use and can be used in any home or office with minimal effort or cost.
The Ecosphere UV Water Purifier employs a carbon block filter to remove impurities from the water before it is exposed to UV light. The filter is made of carbon block, charcoal treated with a unique chemical process to absorb more than 99% of all harmful chemicals in the water.
Hometoppicks like how this product looks and feels – designed to be placed on a kitchen table. Installation is easy, and the machine will not affect your family’s water system.
Best faucet water purifier Philippines
- Price: ₱1,880
- Purification technology: Granular Activated Carbon.
- Water Source: Municipal water.
- Capacity: 1500 liters estimated per life.
- Electricity: No required.
- Compact, space-saving design
- Convenient to use
- Japanese Technology, the reputable manufacturer
- Filters up to 1500L of water
- Clean water, no unpleasant tastes
- Cartridge replacement unclear (without LED screen)
- Bulky for small sinks
- Best for 1-3 person households
Ivo SB151 Faucet-mounted Water Purifier comprises a carbon filter cartridge and hollow fiber traps to remove residual chlorine and water turbidity.
The United States EPA’s National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory has tested the purified water from Ivo and found that it reduces chlorine levels in tap water by at least 99% over time.
This solution is ideal for those who want to cleanse their water without spending much on filters.
Best pitcher water filter Philippines
- Price: ₱1,300
- Purification technology: Microfiltration technology.
- Water Source: Municipal tap water.
- Capacity: 3,4 liters.
- Electricity: No required.
- Removes chlorine and contaminants
- Easy lid removal for refilling
- Dust-proof spout
- Eco-friendly, no power needed
- Lower cost than bottled water
- Prevents limescale buildup
- Limited capacity
- Frequent filter change
- Slow filtration
- Breakage risk due to plastic material
The Philips Water Filter Pitcher is one of the best pitcher water purifiers on the market. You can filter both hot and cold beverages with this small device.
This Philips Purifier has a micro-X clean water filter that ensures clean and healthy water for your family. This type of filter does not use electricity and is less advanced than the RO (Reverse Osmosis) water filter. Therefore, you only use it with municipal tap water that has already been cleaned.
Best portable water purifier Philippines
- Price: ₱1,500
- Purification technology: Hollow fiber membrane technology.
- Water source: natural water.
- Capacity: 200 ml.
- Electricity: Not required.
- Portable, compact
- No power supply needed
- Great for emergencies, outdoor adventures
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t filter viruses, chemicals
- Difficult in shallow, murky water
- No storage container
- Requires thorough cleaning, drying
Lifestraw Personal Water Filter is the best portable water purifier on the market. It can be used as a backup water filter or as a primary water filtration system.
This Personal Water Filter Purifier is an innovative solution for travelers concerned about their drinking water quality and who want to reduce the risk of contracting waterborne diseases or parasites.
The product is made from BPA-free Tritan plastic that is dishwasher safe. It comes with a carrying case so that you can take it anywhere. This is a must-have item for travelers, hikers, and campers who want to drink water that taste well and cook their water.
Best alkaline water purifier Philippines
- Price: ₱1,209
- Purification technology: Activated Carbon, Conditioner, Ionizer, Ozone Water Purifier.
- Water quality and source: Tap water.
- Capacity: N/A
- Electricity: Not required.
- Smart LED indicator for filter replacement
- Compact, sleek design
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Affordable price
- No info on output water quality
Tixx Water Purifier WWWPS106A3 filters out all impurities and hazardous chemicals from the tap water, leaving only pure and safe drinking water. If you are looking for a low-cost water purifier, this is the product for you.
The device’s user-friendly wall-mount design makes it easy to use and install. It also features an indicator light that shows when the purifier needs to be cleaned or replaced.
Best non-electricity water filter Philippines
- Price: ₱5,398
- Purification technology: Activated Carbon.
- Water source: municipal water.
- Capacity: 9 liters per hour.
- Electricity: Not Required.
- Removes numerous viruses per liter
- No electricity needed
- Germ-kill life indicator
- Large storage capacity
- Affordable price
- Limited contaminant removal
- Design less aesthetically pleasing
- Slower purification process
- Less durable faucet
Last on our list of water purifier brands is a company that has become familiar to consumers around the globe: Unilever.
Unilever Pureit Water Purifier Classic uses a patented technology to remove harmful bacteria, heavy metals, and contaminants from water. It also reduces iron and copper levels by up to 98 percent.
It is made of food-grade materials that are BPA-free and FDA-approved. The product also has an anti-microbial surface coating, preventing harmful bacteria growth in your water.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Water Purifier
Water is essential for life, but it is sometimes not clean enough to drink. This is why people have started using water purifiers daily, for drinking purified water stays fresh.
There are various types of water purifiers on the market. Still, they all serve the same primary purpose: removing contaminants from liquid water to make it safe for drinking or washing.
If you are still wondering which water purifiers to choose from, here are some factors that should guide you when making the right decision.
Purification technology is also one of the essential factors that need to consider. There are different types of technology, and in this article, we’ll discuss the four most popular ones.
Let’s learn about the different water purification technologies and their advantages and disadvantages to help us choose what’s best for our family.
Reverse osmosis separates water from other substances using a semi-permeable membrane allowing only water molecules to pass through it.
The membrane is placed in a tank containing the other substance being separated. The water is pumped out of this tank and into another one where it can be reused.
- Used for all water sources
- Filters the most contaminants
- Provides better water for cooking
- Alternative to bottled water
- More water is wasted.
- Remove dissolved substances and minerals.
- Not effectively remove most volatile organic compounds.
- Reject water requires proper disposal after that.
UV technology is a process for purifying water. It uses ultraviolet light to break down contaminants and make pure water. The technology is used for drinking water, wastewater treatment, and industrial applications.
- Little to no disinfection by-products compared to chlorine treatment.
- Effective against bacteria, parasites, and most viruses.
- Does not affect the water taste
- Fast process
- Doesn’t eliminate all contaminants.
- Doesn’t work in murky water.
Activated carbon is an effective way to reduce the taste and odor of water. Activated carbon is created by heating wood or other organic material in an oxygen-free environment. The process results in many pores on the surface, making it excellent at adsorbing contaminants from water.
- Improves the taste and odor of water
- Removes specific contaminants
- Eliminates heavy metals, lead
- Easy to install, maintain, cheap to run
- Doesn’t remove nitrates, fluoride, etc.
- Needs pre-treatment filter for iron, sediment
- A clogged filter affects water quality, pressure
Ceramic filters are used in water purification systems to remove dissolved minerals, contaminated water, and suspended solids. These filters are often used in reverse osmosis systems but can also be found in other types of water filters.
Ceramic filters are made with various materials, including activated carbon and zeolites.
- Retains healthy minerals.
- Reusable and affordable to maintain.
- Natural filter media.
- Capable of removing bacteria.
- Potential for portable filtration.
- Reduced flow rate.
- Delicate filter material.
- Don’t remove heavy metals and chemicals.
- Regular cleaning is required.
In conclusion, Reverse Osmosis is still the best water purifier system due to its high-quality water production and long lifespan. However, choose UV or Activated Carbon Filtration Systems if you want a cheaper, easier-to-install system.
The quality of the water is a significant factor when it comes to buying water purifiers. Two main types of water need to be considered: natural and municipal.
- Natural water, like well water, is generally untreated and contains many impurities that can affect your drinking water. This type of water is generally best for washing and requires much treatment before drinking or cooking.
- Municipal water is pumped from a local source and treated with various processes to reduce impurities. The most common treatment process involves adding chlorine or other chemicals to kill bacteria and viruses. However, municipal water may contain substances that can create problems if not removed before use in your home or business.
If your water supply is natural, you should use RO. Municipal sources are more flexible and can accommodate any of the above filtration technologies, depending on your budget.
Capacity and size are two critical factors you need to consider. Capacity refers to how much water a purifier can remove from the tap or a water source such as a river or lake.
The amount of water removed from the mineral filter will depend on the type of filter and how long it’s been running.
A small-capacity purifier will suffice if you need water for only drinking purposes. However, if you regularly use filtered water for cooking or devices like dishwashers or washing machines, buy a cleaner with a large filtration capacity—at least 9 liters per hour.
Water purifier price Philippines varies depending on the quality of the product, its size, and the type of filters used. The price range for the best water purifiers in the Philippines is between ₱1,000 and ₱30,000.
The more expensive models, the more advanced features. A cheaper model may only be able to remove residual chlorine from tap water. Still, it cannot remove other harmful chemicals from our drinking water.
Choosing a model with multiple filters is advisable because it increases water filtration system efficiency.
Consider the filter lifetime, cartridge, and replacement filter when choosing water purifiers. The longer a filter lasts, the more cost-efficient it is.
The filter cartridge is a disposable part that comes in contact with chlorine and other contaminants in your water. It removes those contaminants from your water so that it can be used again for drinking or cooking.
Replacement filters are needed to replace old or damaged filters. Some filters must be replaced every few months, while others can last several years with proper maintenance.
The RO water purifiers are initially expensive but save money over time because of the low cost of replacing their filter element.
Installation and Maintenance of Water Purifiers
Water purifiers must be appropriately installed to remove all impurities from water effectively. Maintaining water purifiers is also very important because it helps them perform at their best.
Installing a water purifier is crucial in ensuring clean and safe drinking water. The general installation process involves first selecting the location of the purifier and ensuring that it is installed close to the water source.
Next, connect the purifier to the water source and check for leaks. Following the manufacturer’s instructions carefully during installation ensures the purifier works effectively.
Maintenance of water purifiers is equally essential to ensure that they continue to work efficiently. It is recommended to clean the purifier regularly to prevent the buildup of sediments and other contaminants.
The best practice is to use a soft cloth or sponge to clean the exterior and interior of the purifier.
It is crucial to replace the filters regularly (per the manufacturer’s guidelines) to ensure that the purifier continues to remove contaminants effectively.
Filter replacement guidelines vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but most recommend replacing the filters every six months to a year.
Regular maintenance and filter replacement will ensure your water purifier provides safe and clean drinking water.
Recap: Which is the Best Water Purifier Philippines for 2023?
In this article, we discovered the top 8 best water purifiers Philippines for 2023, and the winner goes to A.O Smith A6 Water Purifier.
With numerous benefits and functions, this water purifier brings to the customers, it’s worth standing as the No.1 Water Purifier in the Philippines for 2023.
Thank you very much for reading our in-depth look at the best water purifiers in the Philippines. We hope our research and testing have proven helpful in your shopping endeavors.
After reading this, we hope you will immediately start looking for one water purifier that suits your home. Happy shopping!