Pressure cookers have revolutionized our cooking by making meal preparation faster and more convenient. These kitchen appliances use steam pressure to cook food quickly, retaining nutrients and flavors while tenderizing tough meats.
Pressure cookers have gained immense popularity in the Philippines due to their efficiency and versatility in preparing traditional Filipino dishes. This article will explore the best pressure cooker Philippines for 2023.
Best Pressure Cooker Philippines – Top 5
Best Electric Pressure Cooker Philippines
- Price: ₱7,195
- Capacity: 6 quarts (5.6 liters)
- Power: 1000W
The Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multicooker Smart Pressure Cooker offers various features that make it a favorite among home cooks. Its seven functions include Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, and Warmer.
The appliance offers 14 intelligent programs, allowing you to quickly cook a variety of dishes with the press of a button. These preset programs simplify the cooking process from soups and stews to rice and yogurt.
Based on its multifunctionality, faster cooking times, versatility, safety features, and positive customer reviews, the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Multicooker is the best electric pressure cooker in the Philippines.
It offers various cooking options, easy handling, high-quality stainless steel construction, and included accessories.
Whether you’re an individual or a family, this appliance will streamline your cooking process and provide delicious results.
- Perfect for families: Cooks for 3-5 people.
- Prepares dishes up to 70% faster with 15 programs while being energy-saving.
- Ten safety mechanisms
- Easy to handle with a lid holder for left- and right-handed users.
- 304 stainless steel components that are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Various accessories: Steam rack with handles, serving spoon, soup spoon, and measuring cup.
- Some initial learning is required to navigate the various functions and settings.
- Lacking guidance and straightforward recipes
Best Affordable Electric Pressure Cooker
- Price: ₱4,210
- Capacity: 5.7 Liters
- Power: 1000W
For several reasons, the Hanabishi Electric Pressure Cooker 10 in 1 5.7L HDIG stands out as the best affordable electric Pressure cooker. Its 5.7L capacity provides ample space for cooking larger meals, making it suitable for families or gatherings.
Secondly, its 10-in-1 multifunctionality offers a versatile cooking experience, serving as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, stir fry pan, steamer, yogurt maker, cake maker, warmer, searing pan, and sterilizer. With these options, you can prepare various dishes to satisfy your culinary cravings.
This electric pressure cooker is a reliable and versatile kitchen companion, making it the ideal choice for budget-conscious individuals seeking an affordable yet feature-rich cooking appliance.
- 10-in-1 multifunctionality for versatile cooking
- Ten programmed cooking selections for convenience
- Intelligent no-pot sensor for enhanced safety
- Digital display for easy cooking control
- Affordable price point for electric multicooker
- Pot may not be as durable as higher-end options
High-end Electric Pressure Cooker
- Price: ₱11,046
- Capacity: 6 Liters
- Power: 1000W
The Tefal Home Chef Smart Electric Pressure Cooker CY601D is a high-end electric pressure cooker with exceptional features and performance.
This Pressure Cooker offers a range of advanced functions, including 5+2 cooking programs, 7 Multi-Cook Functions, and 7 Pressure Cook functions (Quick Rice, Porridge Congee, Beef/Lamb, Chicken/Duck, Soup, Steam).
Its powerful 1000-watt motor and 12 cups/6 liters capacity can easily handle cooking tasks for larger meals or families. Its sleek design, LED control panel, and sturdy construction with rubber footings showcase its high-quality craftsmanship.
In short, its versatility, power, and adjustable settings make it a desirable choice for a high-end electric pressure cooker.
- Non-Stick Coated Pot: 18mm layers coating for easy cleaning.
- Easily adjust cooking time and temperature to meet recipe requirements.
- Manual Pressure Release Button for quick and controlled pressure release.
- Pre-programmed cooking and food warming.
- Up to 80% faster than traditional gas cooking methods.
- Effortless cooking with 15 presets and two special functions.
- Some multicooker experience is recommended to utilize its features thoroughly.
- High price point.
Best Stovetop Pressure Cooker Philippines
- Price: ₱2,300
- Capacity: 7 Liters
The Imarflex Aluminum Pressure Cooker QGP-3207 is a standout choice for the best stovetop pressure cooker in the Philippines. Its impressive features and performance delivers exceptional cooking results and great value for your money.
The 7 liters capacity is perfect for preparing meals for larger families or gatherings. It provides ample space to cook generous food portions, making it convenient for various occasions.
- 6-level safety mechanism for a worry-free cooking experience.
- Heat-resistant handles for comfortable and secure handling.
- The aluminum body retains nutrients and enhances the flavor.
- Lightweight and durable aluminum body for efficient cooking and even heat distribution.
- Aluminum construction may require careful handling for durability.
- Less durable than stainless steel options
Best Affordable Pressure Cooker Philippines
- Price: ₱1,129 – ₱1,799
- Capacity: 4 – 10 quarts
The Standard Pressure Cooker Aluminum is a top choice for pressure cooking in the Philippines in 2023. It is compatible with gas and electric cookers, providing versatility in the kitchen.
This aluminum pressure cooker stands out with its central pressure valve and self-locking mechanism, ensuring safe and convenient cooking.
It excels at tenderizing meat and cooks faster than traditional pots. After use, it can be easily cleaned in the dishwasher using a mild dishwashing soap.
- Affordable price
- Lightweight: Easy to carry and clean, convenient for petite individuals.
- Faster and more even cooking as aluminum conducts heat effectively
- Various capacity, suitable for large-volume cooking
- Thinner material results in a shorter lifespan and susceptibility to damage if improperly cleaned and used.
- Thinner aluminum material may warp over time, especially when carrying it with heavy food inside.
- Aluminum material is prone to scratching, staining, and rusting
- May lead to burnt food if not monitored closely.
High-end Stovetop Pressure Cooker
- Price: ₱7,235 – ₱11,799
- Capacity: 6 – 12 Liter
The Chef’s Classics Protea Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker is a high-end stovetop Pressure Cooker that combines elegance, efficiency, and safety.
The beautifully designed cooking vessel is crafted precisely to handle intense and cost-efficient pressure cooking. The lid handle is specially designed with a locking mechanism, ensuring that all the flavors and nutrients are sealed within the vessel while guaranteeing your safety in the kitchen.
The working pressure of 60-100 Kpa ensures optimal cooking results, allowing you to prepare a wide range of recipes precisely.
The induction bottom adds versatility, allowing you to use this pressure cooker on various stovetop surfaces. Additionally, the fact that it is made in Portugal speaks to the craftsmanship and quality that goes into creating this high-end kitchen essential.
Though it may be a splurge, the long-lasting durability and exceptional cooking results make it a worthwhile investment for any passionate home chef.
- Durable 18/10 stainless steel body
- Resistant to corrosion with a sleek appearance
- Various capacities for different households
- It can be used on the induction cooktop
- Ergonomic bakelite handles with a soft touch finish for durability, comfort, and heat resistance
- Higher price tag.
What is a Pressure Cooker?
A pressure cooker is a kitchen equipment that cooks food quickly using steam pressure. It works by trapping steam inside a sealed pot, increasing the internal pressure, and raising the boiling point of water. As a result, food cooks faster, allowing for shorter cooking times and preserving nutrients and flavors.
Pressure cookers offer versatility and can be used for various cooking methods, including steaming, braising, and even yogurt preparation.
Unlike slow cookers, pressure cookers excel at reducing cooking times while still delivering tender and flavorful results. To learn more about the differences between pressure cookers and slow cookers, check out our in-depth comparison.
Types of Pressure Cookers
Pressure cookers come in two main types: electric pressure cookers and stovetop pressure cookers. Let’s explore the features, pros, and cons of each type.
Electric Pressure Cookers are countertop appliances that offer convenience and ease of use. They typically come with digital control panels, preset cooking programs, and timers, making them suitable for busy households.
Electric pressure cookers often offer a variety of cooking functions, such as pressure cooking, slow cooking, sautéing, and steaming. They may also have additional features like a delay timer and a keep-warm function.
- User-Friendly: Electric Pressure Cookers are easy to operate, thanks to their pre-programmed settings and intuitive control panels.
- Convenience: With their set-and-forget nature, electric pressure cookers allow you to multitask while your meal cooks.
- Safety Features: Most electric models have safety mechanisms, such as lid locks and automatic pressure release valves, ensuring safe operation.
- Longer Cooking Times: Electric pressure cookers may take longer to reach and release pressure, adding to the cooking time.
- Limited Capacity: Electric models usually have smaller capacities than stovetop ones.
Stovetop Pressure Cookers are traditional pots that require manual control of the cooking process. They offer versatility and high-pressure cooking performance.
Stovetop pressure cookers are designed for gas or electric stovetops. They typically feature a pressure regulator, safety valve, and locking system for secure sealing.
- Faster Cooking Times: Stovetop Pressure Cookers tend to reach pressure faster than electric models, reducing overall cooking times.
- Durability: Stovetop pressure cookers are commonly crafted from durable materials such as stainless steel or aluminum, guaranteeing long-lasting performance.
- Higher Pressure Levels: Stovetop models can reach higher pressure levels than electric models, resulting in faster cooking and tenderizing tough cuts of meat.
- Manual Pressure Adjustment: Stovetop Pressure Cookers require manual heat adjustment to maintain the desired pressure level.
- Requires Monitoring: Unlike electric models, stovetop Pressure Cookers need occasional monitoring to maintain the correct pressure level.
Key Considerations for Purchasing a Pressure Cooker
When choosing a pressure cooker, several factors come into play. Here are some essential considerations to help you make an informed decision.
Type of pressure cooker
Decide whether an electric or stovetop pressure cooker suits your cooking style and kitchen setup.
Size of pressure cooker
Consider the capacity of the pressure cooker based on your family size and the typical batch sizes you cook. Sizes usually range from 4 to 8 quarts for electric models and vary for stovetop models.
Common materials include stainless steel and aluminum. Stainless steel pressure cookers offer durability, easy maintenance, and induction cooktop compatibility. Aluminum is lightweight and conducts heat efficiently but may react with acidic ingredients.
Ensuring compatibility between the stovetop pressure cooker and your current cooktop is crucial.
Double-check the compatibility of the cooker with your specific cooktop type to avoid any issues. Look for a cooker that is compatible with various cooktops for added versatility. Check the packaging or product description for this information.
Look for pressure cookers with features like pressure release valves, locking systems, and lid locks to ensure safe operation.
Set a budget and compare prices across different brands and models. Consider the features and quality you value most when evaluating the price.
According to HomeTopPicks’ experience, an excellent electric pressure cooker in the Philippines costs around ₱5,000 to ₱7,000. In contrast, a stovetop pressure cooker costs significantly less, around ₱2,500.
Using a pressure cooker involves adding ingredients, securing the lid, setting pressure and time, starting cooking, releasing pressure, and opening the lid to serve. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for specific guidelines on operating your pressure cooker.
We invite you to explore our comprehensive article for a more in-depth understanding of how to use a pressure cooker.
The cooking time in a pressure cooker varies depending on the recipe, the ingredients used, and the desired tenderness. Pressure cookers are known for significantly reducing cooking times compared to traditional cooking methods.
While cooking times can vary, most meals can be cooked in 30 minutes to an hour, including the time it takes for the pressure to build and release.
Pressure cookers are widely available in various retail stores and online platforms in the Philippines. Some recommended places to purchase a pressure cooker include reputable appliance stores, department stores, and online marketplaces such as Lazada, Shopee, and official brand websites.
It’s advisable to compare prices, read customer reviews, and check for warranty information before purchasing.
Absolutely! Beef is well-suited for pressure cooking; significantly stricter cuts of meat benefit from the tenderizing effect of pressure.
Pressure cooking makes the beef tender and flavorful in a relatively shorter time. It’s excellent for preparing beef stews, pot roasts, and braised beef.
Follow specific recipes and guidelines for cooking beef in a pressure cooker to achieve optimal results.
Recap: Which is the Best Pressure Cooker in the Philippines?
A pressure cooker is a versatile and efficient kitchen appliance that can significantly enhance your cooking experience. In the Philippines, where traditional recipes often require long simmering times, pressure cookers offer a time-saving solution without compromising taste or flavor.
We’ve highlighted some of the best Filipino pressure cookers on the market today and provided helpful tips to kickstart your journey with this practical kitchen appliance. Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Smart Pressure Cooker (for Electric type) and Imarflex QGP-3207 (for Stovetop type) are among the best pressure cooker Philippines that we highly recommend for their exceptional performance, features, and value for money.
We encourage you to explore the options, read customer reviews, and make an informed decision based on your needs. Share your experiences with pressure cookers and leave comments below to join the conversation. Happy pressure cooking!