Welcome to our blog post on how to sell in Shopee Philippines! If you are looking for a platform to sell your products online, Shopee is an excellent choice. Shopee is the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan. It has gained immense popularity due to its user-friendly interface, low transaction fees, and wide range of products.
Shopee offers sellers a considerable potential customer base, making it a great platform to expand your business. In this blog post, we will give a detailed step-by-step guide on how to sell on Shopee for even beginners. So, let’s get started!
How to Start Selling in Shopee Philippines in 6 Steps
To start selling on Shopee Philippines, the first thing you need to do is set up your Shopee store. It’s a straightforward process that can be done in just a few minutes. You can follow our instructions below.
Creating a Shopee Seller Account:
- Go to the Shopee Philippines website and click “Register” or “Sell on Shopee”.
- Fill in the required information, including your username, email address, and password.
- Complete the verification process to activate your account.
Customizing Your Store and Profile:
- Log in to your Shopee seller account.
- Click on your profile icon, then select “My Shop”.
- Upload a professional store logo and cover photo to make your store visually appealing.
- Write a clear and engaging store description to attract potential customers.
- Set up your shipping preferences, return policy, and other store settings according to your business needs.
Your Shopee store is now ready to showcase your products and start selling!
Product Photography and Image Optimization:
- Use a high-quality camera or smartphone to capture clear and well-lit product images.
- Ensure that the product is the image’s main focus, and the background is clean and clutter-free.
- Optimize your images by cropping, resizing, and compressing them to improve loading speed. The images should be in JPEG or PNG format and under 10MB.
Writing Effective Product Titles and Descriptions:
- Create concise yet descriptive product titles that highlight the key features and benefits.
- Include relevant keywords that potential buyers might use in their search.
- Write compelling and accurate product descriptions that provide important information such as size, color, materials, and usage tips.
Choosing the Right Categories and Tags:
- Select the most appropriate category for the product to help buyers find it easily.
- Use relevant tags that represent the attributes and characteristics of your product.
- Research popular keywords and trends to optimize your listings for better visibility.
By optimizing your product photos, writing clear and informative descriptions, and choosing the right categories and tags, your products will stand out, attract customers’ attention, and help increase your sales.
Setting Competitive Prices:
- Research similar products and competitors to determine an appropriate price range.
- Consider factors such as the cost of production, shipping fees, and desired profit margins.
- Offer competitive prices that are attractive to buyers while still ensuring profitability.
Understanding Shopee’s Shipping Options and Fees:
- Familiarize yourself with Shopee’s shipping options, including ShopeeXpress and Shopee-supported couriers.
- Calculate accurate shipping fees by factoring in the weight, dimensions, and destination of your product.
- Include the shipping fee in your product listing or clearly state it separately to avoid misunderstandings with buyers.
You can consider offering free shipping for orders above a certain amount or running promotional shipping discounts to help attract more customers.
Utilizing Shopee’s in-app Advertising:
- Consider using Shopee’s in-app advertising options to boost your store’s visibility, such as Shopee Ads and Shopee Live.
- Shopee Ads allows you to display your products on top of search results or the homepage, while Shopee Live lets you showcase your products live in front of a large audience.
Participating in Flash Sales and Campaigns:
Shopee frequently organizes flash sales and campaigns that attract a large number of customers. Take advantage of these events by participating and offering attractive deals and discounts:
- Offer promotions such as discounts, freebies, and bundled deals to entice customers to purchase.
- Participate in themed campaigns such as Shopee’s 9.9 or 11.11 sale events to increase your store’s visibility and reach.
Leveraging Social Media and Other Marketing Channels:
- Promote your products and store them on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to tap into a wider audience.
- Make aesthetically engaging content that highlights your items and their advantages.
- Collaborate with influencers or bloggers to reach their audience and increase your store’s visibility.
Managing orders and providing excellent customer service are crucial for your success as a seller on Shopee Philippines. Here are two main points to consider when it comes to managing orders and providing customer service:
Handling Order Fulfillment and Shipping:
- Monitor your orders regularly and ensure that you fulfill them promptly.
- Pack your products securely and ensure accurate labeling to avoid any shipping mishaps.
- Coordinate with your chosen courier to schedule pickups or drop-offs for a smooth delivery process.
- Update the order status on Shopee’s platform to keep your customers informed about the progress of their purchases.
Providing Excellent Customer Service and Handling Disputes:
- Respond to customer inquiries and messages promptly and professionally.
- Be patient and helpful when addressing customer concerns or issues.
- Prioritize customer satisfaction and work towards finding mutually beneficial resolutions in disputes.
- Comply with Shopee’s policies and guidelines for handling returns, refunds, and exchanges.
By analyzing store performance, making improvements, and staying up-to-date with Shopee’s latest features and best practices, you can optimize your store for success and stay ahead of the competition. Here are two suggestions for you.
Analyzing Store Performance and Making Improvements:
- Regularly review your store’s performance metrics, such as sales, conversion rates, and customer feedback.
- Identify areas for improvement and make necessary adjustments to your product listings, pricing, or marketing strategies.
- Experiment with different product descriptions, images, or promotions to optimize your listings and attract more customers.
Staying up-to-date With Shopee’s Latest Features and Best Practices:
- Keep yourself informed about Shopee’s latest updates, features, and marketing campaigns through their newsletters, blogs, or seller forums.
- Frequently check for any new tools or features that can enhance your store’s visibility and sales potential.
- Stay updated on Shopee’s best practices and guidelines to ensure compliance and maximize your chances of success on the platform.
By following our steps above, you can start selling on the Shopee Philippines platform and become a professional seller.
How to Sell in Shopee Without a Product?
Did you know you can make money on Shopee Philippines even if you don’t have a product? Here are three ways to sell in Shopee without a product:
Dropshipping is a popular business model where you act as a middleman between the customer and the supplier. You list the supplier’s products in your Shopee store, and when someone buys them, the supplier ships them directly to the customer.
You earn a profit by marking up the price. It is a low-risk option as you don’t need to invest in inventory upfront.
- Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is when you earn a commission by promoting other people’s products. You can join Shopee’s affiliate program or look for other programs in your niche.
You promote the products through your affiliate link, and when someone buys from that link, you earn a percentage of the sale.
- Digital Products
You can sell digital products like e-books, courses, templates, and software on Shopee Philippines. Digital products have lower overhead costs; once created, they can be sold multiple times.
How to Sell in Shopee COD?
Shopee Philippines offers a Cash on Delivery (COD) payment option for customers who prefer to pay for their orders in cash upon delivery. To sell in Shopee COD, here are some important things to keep in mind.
To qualify for Shopee’s COD service, you need to meet their eligibility criteria, which include providing accurate product information and maintaining a seller rating of 4.5 or higher. You also need to ship your items within 24 hours of receiving the order.
- Proper Labeling:
Ensure that your packages are properly labeled for COD orders. Include the customer’s name, contact number, and order details on the package label. It helps the courier identify the package and deliver it to the right customer.
- Timely Settlement:
Shopee settles your payment for COD orders 2-5 days after delivery. You can track and manage your COD orders through the Shopee Seller Center. Make sure to promptly settle your Shopee fees and keep your account in good standing.
Selling in Shopee COD can expand your customer base and increase your sales opportunities. Follow these tips to provide a smooth and hassle-free COD experience for your customers.
To sell on Shopee, you need to meet the following requirements:
1. Be a registered business or an individual with a valid ID.
2. Have a Shopee account.
3. Provide accurate and complete information about your products.
4. Maintain a good seller rating.
5. Adhere to Shopee’s policies and guidelines.
Shopee charges sellers various fees based on the products they sell. These fees include a commission fee, which is a percentage of each successful transaction, and a payment processing fee. The exact rates vary depending on the category of the product.
Shopee also offers add-on features and advertising options for sellers, which may incur additional charges.
To get a detailed breakdown of the fees, consult Shopee’s official website or reach out to their customer support for more information.
As of the moment, each Shopee account can only have one active shop. However, if you have multiple businesses or product lines, you can still sell different products under one shop by creating collections. It allows you to organize your products and make it easier for shoppers to browse your offerings.
Remember that duplicate or multiple accounts are not allowed and may result in account suspensions or permanent bans.
Becoming a Shopee preferred seller requires meeting certain criteria set by Shopee. That includes having a high sales record, consistent positive customer ratings, and actively participating in promotional campaigns.
Preferred sellers are also expected to maintain good customer service and adhere to Shopee’s policies.
While there is no specific application process, sellers who consistently meet these requirements may be selected by Shopee to become preferred sellers and enjoy the benefits of this status.
Selling in Shopee Philippines can be profitable for individuals and businesses of all sizes. To recap the key takeaways:
- Ensure your product information is accurate and complete.
- Maintain a high seller rating and adhere to Shopee’s policies.
- Offer competitive prices and promotions to attract more customers.
- Take advantage of Shopee’s features and add-ons to enhance your store.
Now that you better understand how to sell in Shopee, it’s time to start selling! Sign up for a Shopee account, list your products, and start connecting with potential customers.
With dedication and commitment, you can succeed in the rapidly growing e-commerce market of the Philippines through Shopee.